Losing Weight with Healthy Food Swaps
Choosing healthier foods is not as difficult as you think it is. Just a few eating changes in the eating habits can make a big difference to your diet. Healthy eating means eating fewer foods high in calories, fat, salt and sugars and swapping them for something healthier. Always keep in mind that small changes add up to make a big overall difference to your diet. Eliminating certain foods from your diet could be difficult but making small and sustainable changes would be a better option. And if you are looking to lose weight in the process then smaller changes are the healthiest way to achieve your weight loss goals. Slow and steady wins the race – that is proven in this case.
Here are a few small and simple healthy swaps to your regular foods to help you achieve your health and weight loss goals.
- Swap whole milk for semi-skimmed or skimmed milk.
- Swap a sugar-coated breakfast cereal for a wholegrain breakfast cereal such as porridge or wholegrain wheat cereal with no added sugar.
- Swap a teaspoon of sugar or honey on your breakfast cereal for a topping of fresh or dried fruit.
- Swap a fat laden paratha with a poha, upma or idlis.
- Swap full-fat Greek yoghurt for lower-fat or fat-free Greek yoghurt or natural low-fat yoghurt.
- Swap white breads for wholegrain or multigrain varieties
- Swap creamy or cheesy sauces for tomato based sauces on your pasta, meat or fish dishes and in vegetable dishes.
- Swap the fried and curried meat for the grilled option when choosing meat.
- Swap the salted nuts for unsalted nuts.
- Swap fried snacks, munchies for a bowl of kurmura, khakra or makhanas.
- Swap fruit juices for fresh, whole fruits.
- Swap the creamy salad dressings for vinegar based salad dressings.
- Swap the normal pasta and spaghetti for the wholewheat varieties.
- Swap the sugary drinks for sparkling plain water.
- Swap a large plate for a smaller plate to avoid eating larger portions.
So, start with small changes and go a long way in reaching your weight loss goals. Some of the best dietitians in Mumbai will be able to help you plan healthier diet plans especially Indian diet plan for weight loss.